Lovely classic Seamaster with a nice dial – I’m sure a plain old clean and service will do the trick.
The timegrapher image looks like somebody is spitting on the screen 😉
On first inspection, the movement doesn’t look too dirty, so the problems are most likely caused by lubrication failure.
For the age of the watch, the dial is in very good state.
I start off with the bottom plate.
All looking well, no rust, no water ingress through the winding stem.
Now it’s over to the top plate.
I order a new mainspring, clean, rinse and dry all the parts, and I’m ready to put the movement back together again.
It’s always worth removing the bezel, as it tends to get quite dirty under there. No exception here! I will also put a new crystal in, as this one is quite scratched.
Now I put the movement back together, starting with the top plate. I slightly wind the mainspring, drop the balance in, and the movement is ticking. All looking well.
Dial and hands go back on.
And the movement goes back into the case. The new crystal is in, and I’ve cleaned the case and put a new gasket in.
And we’re back in business. You can see the little Omega logo in the centre of the crystal – I managed to get hold of an original.